Information on personal data processing
SC ALCO ROM SRL, with its registered office in Satu Mare County, Mărtinești nr. 165 C, Romania, Europe, as the owner and administrator of the site DistileriileBran.ro, undertakes to preserve the confidential nature of the information you provided as a result of accessing and completing the electronic order form, in full compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and the applicable national law.
We use advanced security methods and techniques to protect the personal data we collect, thus ensuring that all the people who submit personal information are adequately protected according to the applicable law.
We hereby inform you that you have the right to access, object to and intervene at any moment on the personal data you entered in the forms, according to the provisions of Law No. 677/2001.
The purpose of processing personal data
SC ALCO ROM SRL only collects the personal information required to navigate on DistileriileBran.ro in an as convenient and user-friendly manner as possible.
We process your personal information to:
- facilitate access to DistileriileBran.ro as much as possible
- handle the cancellation of an order or any other problem, of any nature, related to an order placed on the sites of the authorized Distributors, for the purchased goods and services
- inform the users and customers about specific offers, news or changes to specific products
- organize giveaway contests etc.
Bran Distilleries processes your personal information for the following purposes:
⦁ To provide information on commercial offers (e.g., newsletter, electronic messaging on various channels etc.);
⦁ To provide information on the events attended by Bran Distilleries;
⦁ To provide support information for a specific product;
⦁ To participate in surveys regarding the products and services offered by Bran Distilleries.
THE LEGAL GROUNDS FOR COLLECTING INFORMATION
The legal grounds for collecting and processing your information for each of the above-mentioned purposes include:
⦁ The legitimate business interests of SC ALCO ROM SRL – i.e. fraud prevention, maintaining the security of our services, direct marketing and improving the quality of our services. Whenever we rely on these legal grounds to process your personal information, we assess our business interests to make sure they never prevail over your own rights. In addition, in some cases you have the right to object to such processing. The legitimate interest of SC ALCO ROM SRL in order to allow us to exercise the rights provided by the law in our favour, to take legal action against any illegal or prejudicial activity against our Company;
⦁ Compliance with a compulsory legal requirement – e.g. accounting and tax requirements that are subject to strict internal policies (such as retention periods), procedures, as well as your right to restrict the use of your own data – which control the scope of our services to be performed;
⦁ Also, your consent, to the extent you have agreed. The processing of personal data based on your consent is an additional purpose to processing personal information with a view to executing the contract to which you are party, and does not restrict in any way the supply/performance of the contracted services.
⦁ Processing is necessary to carry out a specific task that serves a public interest.
Types of personal data we process
To be able to carry out our activity and provide you with the best services, we process some personal information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, marketing preferences, browsing history, phone conversations with our operators etc.
We collect these data both from the subscription forms you fill in, and through cookies.
The following categories of data are processed on the site DistileriileBran.ro, owned by ALCO ROM SRL:
- Your name, title, address, e-mail address, telephone numbers;
- Your contact with us – e.g., a message you sent through our contact form, or the recording of a call you have made to one of our contact centres, to Customer Service, an e-mail or a letter you have sent or any other records of your contact with us;
- Information about your account – e.g., the subscriptions you use, or other information included on our business relationship management portal with every customer;
- Your preferences for specific products, services and lifestyle when you tell us what they are or when we assume what they are, based on your use of the site DistileriileBran.ro;
- Your marketing preferences – see the Cookies section for details on the types of information we collect by using cookies, web beacons and other technologies, including data about advertising;
- Your browsing history. DistileriileBran.ro anonymously collects information about the categories of web sites you have navigated on from your own PC, mobile or other device – such as sports, music or news. However, we do not keep a history of the sites you are browsing, as it is limited to a short period of time which allows us to establish the connection. We use this information about your interests in order to be able to send you customized marketing offers or to show you personalized ads. You can opt out of seeing ads according to the provisions of the Cookie section on our site www.distileriilebran.ro or, in case of marketing, through the Settings sections on our partner sites;
- The information we obtain from other sources, such as public or private authorities, fraud prevention agencies as well as other data providers. These include demographic data, information about your interests and online navigation behaviour;
- The level of the service you are provided – e.g., operational issues or other events that may affect our services;
- Replies to invitations and confirmations of attending events.
The personal data we process are mainly your identification, transactional, financial, demographic, location or other personal data that we collect directly from you or from other sources when you use our products and services.
ALCO ROM SRL does not intentionally collect from you sensitive personal data in order to store them (such as your racial and ethnic origin, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, trade union affiliation, genetic data, biometric data, health status or information about your life and sexual orientation).
Instances when we collect your personal information:
- When you subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services we provide;
- When you contact us through various channels or when you request information about a specific product or service;
- When you visit or browse our site or other partner sites;
- If you have granted permission to other companies, such as our business partners or associates, as well as our third-party suppliers or contractors to exchange information with us about you;
- When your personal information is public;
- If you are the customer / beneficiary of a business activity that we purchase / perform.
We also collect information from certain organizations, if necessary and if there are legal grounds for us doing so. Such organizations include fraud prevention agencies, business directories, verification / control agencies and contracted service providers.
Who we can send your personal data to
In order for us to achieve the above objectives, we resort to the following categories of empowered persons:
⦁ Distributors directly / indirectly involved in distributing products and providing services in the same field as ALCO ROM SRL;
⦁ State authorities (including tax authorities);
⦁ Accountants, auditors, legal experts, lawyers or other such external counsellors of ALCO ROM SRL or third parties who provide products or services to the Company (security service or IT system providers, financial consultants)
⦁ Company suppliers directly / indirectly involved in the marketing and promotion process.
Only if it is necessary for the Company’s activity, certain personal data collected through the site DistileriileBran.ro go to:
- partner distributors
- courier companies
- electronic payment service providers
- marketing service providers etc.
Data retention periods
SC ALCO ROM SRL and its partners will retain your personal data for the period required in order to achieve the purposes described above. They are usually stored for as long as you are subscribed to our platform. However, some of them can be retained after the account is closed, for a period of 10 years, under the applicable tax laws or when our legitimate interests require it. Certain personal information can be retained further under the applicable tax law, if applicable.
Under the applicable community and national laws, the customers and users of the site DistileriileBran.ro have a number of rights that are listed below.
You have the right to request:
- confirmation of the fact that we store some of your personal information
- removal of some of your personal information
- the correction or completion of your personal information
- to receive your personal information stored in a structured format
- restriction of the personal data processing etc.
These rights are listed for exemplification and are complemented by the rights provided for in the relevant legislation. You have the right to file a complaint in case these rights are violated.
In order for you to exercise these rights but also if you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone.
The Regulation grants a number of rights to the individuals whose data are processed. Thus, in addition to the existing rights, we also find the right to data portability and data removal. In short, your rights are as follows:
The right to withdraw your consent at any time, in order to stop the processing of data based on your previous consent. The withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent given before the withdrawal, for the performance of a contract, the fulfilment of a legal obligation or the pursuance of our legitimate interests.
The right to access – it means you have the right to obtain a confirmation from us whether we process or not your personal data, and, in case we do, you have the right to access the respective data, as well as obtain information on how the respective data are processed.
The right to data portability – it refers to your right to receive your personal data in a structured format that we currently use, and that can be read automatically, but also to the right that these data are sent directly to another operator if this is technically feasible.
The right to object – it refers to your right to object to the processing of your personal data when such processing is necessary for the performance of a task that serves a public interest or when it concerns an operator’s legitimate interest. When the personal data processing is for direct marketing or processing based on express consent, you have the right to object to such processing at any time.
The right to correction – it refers to the correction, without undue delay, of inaccurate personal data. The necessary correction will be communicated to each individual recipient of the respective data, unless this proves impossible or it involves unreasonable effort.
The right to data removal (“the right to be forgotten”) – it means you have the right to request the removal of your personal data, without undue delay, in case one of the following reasons applies: they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed in the first place; you withdraw your consent and there are no other legal grounds to justify the processing; you object to the processing and there are no prevailing legitimate reasons; the personal information has been processed illegally; the personal information must be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation; the personal information has been collected in connection with the provision of information society services.
The right to restrict processing – it can be exercised if the individual challenges the accuracy of the data, for a period which is necessary to verify the correctness of the data; the processing is illegal, and you object to the removal of the personal information, but you request its restriction instead; if SC ALCO ROM SRL no longer needs the personal information for processing, but the concerned individual requests them for establishing, exercising or defending a right in court; if the individual objected to the processing, for the period of time needed to verify whether the operator’s legitimate rights prevail over the concerned individual’s legitimate rights.
The right to file a complaint – the complaints about the processing of personal information can be addressed to the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing.
To exercise these rights and for any further questions regarding this information or in connection with the use of your personal data by the Company, please contact our Data Protection Officer by choosing any of the communication methods described below.
You can contact us:
⦁ By e-mail, at: email@example.com or
⦁ Personally, or through a request sent by post to the Company’s headquarters (at the address mentioned under section 1); or
⦁ By telephone, at: +40 751629041